You can upload pages from your local computer to a website folder or can create them using New Page in the action menu of the website folder. If you create pages, a template “Empty” from the template folder “Page Templates” will be used, if you had such a template folder created during creation of the website folder. If not, you can also create a template folder with a page template “Empty” afterwards. You can edit this page according to your needs. If there is no page “Empty” found in a template folder of your website folder, the system template, an empty page with the name of the new page as title, is used.
You can edit existing pages of your website folder using Change Edit in the action menu of the page (normal folder view) or by clicking on the icon (web view).
• Insert BSCW Element – offers often used BSCW elements. Selecting one of the elements offered inserts the respective code into the source code of the document at the current cursor position. In order to shorten the menu, not all BSCW elements supported are listed in this menu. For a complete list see next section.
Insert BSCW Link – offers the names of objects contained in the
current website folder other than the current document. Clicking one of them
inserts a link to the object at the current cursor position. To keep the menu
reasonably short, at most the 10 last modified objects will be shown with
the last modified object at the top.
This drop-down menu will not appear if the current page is the only object inside the website folder apart from the active layout page. An active layout page is not offered in this menu.
• Folder actions – offers some often used actions on the current website folder. Selecting one of the action names inserts the respective code into the source code of the document at the current cursor position. For a complete list of actions available see next section.
• Document actions – offers some often used actions on the document being edited. Selecting one of the action names inserts the respective code into the source code of the document at the current cursor position. For a complete list of actions available see next section.
Clicking the [Preview] button of BSCW’s built-in HTML editor will open a separate browser window and show the current page in web view.
In order to facilitate the creation of pages in a website folder, a shortcut is offered to copy an existing page and edit the copy subsequently:
• Select Change Edit Copy in the action menu of an HTML (or text) document.
• In the ‘Edit Copy’ form you may enter a name for the copy and an optional description.
• Hit [OK] to create the copy and launch the editor for editing the document copy.
The Edit Copy action is useful to derive a Web page from another page, thus saving work and retaining the original style with ease. When the website folder functionality is activated, this action is also available for all HTML and text documents on the BSCW server.
You may print the pages of a website folder using Print in the action menu of a page (ordinary folder view) or by clicking on the icon (web view).