The GoTo top menu of a calendar offers two additional actions Today and Date that move the calendar view to the current date or to a date that you specify. Note that date specification depends on the current calendar viewing options: when in month view, you may only select a specific month.
The action menu of an appointment contains the actions you may use to handle your appointments. The following actions are specific actions for appointments.
• Send to iCal exports the appointment data in a format understood by other calendar tools, e.g., Outlook and StarOffice. An according file is sent to your Web browser for import of the appointment by such calendar tools. You may also export all appointments of a calendar using File Send to iCal in the top menu.
Appointment data in the ‘iCalendar’ format (MIME type
text/calendar, Windows file extension *.ics) can also be imported
to a BSCW calendar using File
in the top menu. Alternatively, you can upload one or several .ics files via
drag & drop using the drag & drop
• If you are working on a Windows platform locally, you can synchronize all appointments of a BSCW calendar with the appointments in an Outlook calendar using File Synchronize in the top menu (see 13.8 Outlook synchronization for details).
• Confirm confirms your participation in the appointment (action available when you are invited as participant and have not yet confirmed).
• Decline declines your participation in the appointment (action available when you are invited as participant and have not yet declined).
• Change Properties lets you edit the diverse properties of an appointment.
• Attach lets you attach a document, URL or note to an appointment. Attachments are indicated in the day and month view by an icon if the according option has been activated via View Entries Attachments . Click on this icon to access the attachments folder. Document and URL attachments to appointments are handled like attachments to notes. Note attachments are added to the attachments folder as stand-alone notes.
• Link to Calendar adds a link to an appointment of a group calendar to your personal calendar.
The rest of the actions in the appointment action menu consists of generic actions showing the same behaviour for appointments as they do for other objects.